Friday, December 17, 2010

Book Blogger Hop (3) & Follow Friday (2)


Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books every Friday-Monday. It's a great opportunity to network and visit other blogs and meet new bloggers.

This weeks question is:
"What do you consider the most important in a story: the plot of the characters?"

I consider them both very important. I will usually only read a book if the synopsis interests me, but once I'm already reading, if the characters are unrealistic, boring and just plain annoying, that ruins the book for me.

_____________________________________________________


Follow Friday is a meme hosted by Parajunkiee's View. Basically, it is a meme to help you get blog followers. Check out her blog and the Featured Blogger of the week!

This weeks question:
What did you study in college, or are currently studying and did it lead to your current 9 to 5 or are you doing something totally different?

I am still in high school so am unable to answer this question.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Joana! Just popping in via the hop to say hi and have a great weekend! I'm a huge YA fan as well, so I'm glad to have found your blog! I completely agree with your answer, both are so important even though characters usually make or break a book for me:) I'm a new follower here and I look forward to more of your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Stopping by from the hop.

    First month blogging, huh? I'm in my thrid so I'm a newbie, too. I like what you're doing there though. Very nice.

    I'm also a new follower. I love YA and am happy to have a new YA blog to follow. :D

    Ella Bella
    http://ellabellareviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might be the best Book Blogger Hop question I've seen to date.

    So what's the answer? Plot! Hop over to my blog and let me tell you how a good plot rescued bad characters from bad book oblivion.

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI hopping on through. Happy Holidays and Have a great weekend.

    I think both are needed to hold my attention but characters grab me then I will ignore a sloppy plot.

    My Follow Friday/Book Blogger Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Newest follower!

    It never hurts to think about what you want to major in. Do you have any ideas yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just hopping by... I'm with you - the plot needs to grab my attention but the characters need to keep my attention :)

    Michelle from Pineapples & Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE getting and reading comments. Knowing what you guys have to say really helps me figure out if you are enjoying what I'm posting or not, so thank you.